Pssst! Here are 4 insider tips for your next trip to Lake Constance!
Lake Constance is the ideal place for a weekend trip. Long walks on the lake shore, cute little cafes and beautiful nature are waiting here. Here you will find the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure.
Below are 4 insider tips for your trip to Lake Constance.
1. Insider tip on Lake Constance: Café Bloggers
Do you fancy a little soul food in the middle of a feelgood oasis? Then the breakfast creations at Café Bloggers in Konstanz are a must.
Between lots of plants, wooden interiors and cozy bamboo chairs, super delicious smoothie bowls, French toast deluxe and many other delicacies ensure a good start into the morning.
Everything in Café Bloggers is done with great attention to detail: every plate, every glass, every bowl is presented here in a particularly creative way. How about a chocolate smoothie bowl with raw cocoa, banana, avocado, coconut milk and honey for breakfast? You can find the Café Bloggers in the old town of Konstanz.
2. Insider tip on Lake Constance: Meersburg Therme
The sauna area of the Meersburg Therme is a place to rest, regenerate and revitalize. Like a short getaway. With seven different saunas and steam baths, a true-to-original hammam, a large selection of massages, newly designed relaxation rooms to relax in, as well as refreshing indoor and outdoor pools and an idyllic landscaped garden right on the lake, it is the perfect retreat to recharge your batteries and recharge your batteries.
3. Insider tip on Lake Constance: Pinot wine bar
When you spend time on Lake Constance, you shouldn’t miss out on a good glass of wine. A wonderful location for this is the Schmidt winery in Wasserburg. As it is a family business, the vineyards and orchards have been in the family for many generations.
The new Pinot building in the “Weingut Schmidt am Bodensee” houses wine production, fruit processing and gastronomy under one roof. Here modern architecture meets sustainability – embedded in the middle of nature and the vineyards. In summer you can enjoy your wine and delicacies on the sunny south terrace of the Pinot wine bar with a spectacular view. That gives you that holiday feeling!
4. Insider tip on Lake Constance: Eilguthalle
If you fancy a different kind of culinary experience, reserve a table in the Eilguthalle in Lindau. There you can enjoy your dinner in a special atmosphere surrounded by vintage cars. The kitchen combines tradition with modernity and tries to use as many regional products as possible. How about a fillet with truffle fries? In summer you can also sit outside and enjoy your drinks with a view of Lake Constance.
Interesting facts about Lake Constance
- Lake Constance (also Swabian Sea, French Lac de Constance, English Lake of Constance) is the largest lake in Germany, part of it belongs to Switzerland and Austria.
- The water area is administered as a so-called condominium, on which all states have sovereignty at the same time
- When the Swiss Confederation left the Reichsverband through the Peace of Westphalia in 1648, they failed to contractually define the border through the lake; to this day there is no official border through the lake recognized under international law (the demarcation of the border that is customary today or the status of condominium is based solely on customary law).
- The Rhine flows through Lake Constance. There are also several smaller tributaries such as the Bregenz Ach, the Argen, the Steinach and the Schussen.
- Lake Constance is the third largest inland body of water in Central Europe. Only Lake Balaton in Hungary and Lake Geneva in Switzerland are larger.
The structure of Lake Constance
- Obersee, it forms the largest body of water
- Untersee, a shallow water zone of the Rhine behind Constance
- Überlinger See, near Überlingen
- Zeller See and Gnadensee.
- Mainau, an island of flowers
- the island of Reichenau, where fruit and vegetables are grown
- Lindau, about 75% built in medieval style.
Ferry connections on Lake Constance
- Friedrichshafen – Romanshorn, the place is approx. 13 km wide.
- Meersburg – Konstanz, this is roughly the dividing line between Überlinger and Obersee (4 km).