More and more seniors are traveling in their free time. This means that many foreign travelers aged over 70, 75 or even 80 still travel to Europe. If you are a citizen of a country that requires a visa, you need a visa for Europe and mandatory visa health insurance, which also covers foreign guests aged 70 and over.
The best Schengen visa travel insurance providers do not have an an age limit for taking out Schengen health insurance. find out how to select the appropriate Schengen visa insurance and enjoy the same benefits and conditions as a senior.
In which countries are foreign travelers aged over 70 insured with Schengen health insurance?
The Schengen visa health insurance must be valid for all 26 countries in the Schengen area. So you can travel to the following countries without hesitation : Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands , Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
If you also want to travel to non-Schengen countries of the EU, then you should think about an insurance coverage that not only covers the 26 countries mentioned above, but also countries such as Ireland, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Romania (also Great Britain after Brexit).
What services do foreign travelers aged over 70, 75 or older receive?
When taking out Schengen visa travel insurance, older travelers should watch out that the get the same insurance cover as everyone else:
- Health care in all 26 countries of the Schengen area (optionally also in the entire EU)
- Insurance coverage for the entire duration of your stay
- Coverage of medical and hospital costs up to € 30,000 (US $ 33,000), even up to € 100,000 if you choose a premium coverage
- Repatriation in the event of illness or death
- Help and support: round-the-clock care (24/24, 7/7 days) in the event of illness or accident
How can I take out visa insurance if I am a traveler aged over 70?
It is necessary to take out visa travel insurance for a Schengen visa before entering the country. The best Schengen visa travel insurance providers offer services easily and securely online. The advantages are:
- it is convenient
- Secure online payment
- Receipt of the insurance certificate by email
Choose an insurance provider that:
- Will provide you with an insurance certificate that confirms that you are insured in the 26 Schengen countries
- Is a reputable issuer of Schengen health insurance policies that are recognized by all embassies and consulates
- Offers a money back guarantee in case your Schengen visa application is rejected. They should also reimburse your money using the same payment method that you used for the purchase.
FAQ: Visa health insurance for seniors
Is there an age limit for taking out Schengen Visa health insurance?
There are insurance companies that raise their prices for visa health insurance from a certain age due to the increased risk. The best Schengen visa travel insurance providers do not have an age limit and no medical questionnaire for taking out Schengen travel insurance for foreign visitors who want to travel to Europe.
What requirements does a Schengen health insurance for foreign guests over 75 years of age have to meet?
For the consulate to accept your visa application, the international health insurance must include the following guarantees: coverage of medical costs up to a minimum amount of 30,000 euros plus repatriation, a period of validity that corresponds to that of the stay and validity in all Schengen countries.
How much does senior Schengen Visa travel insurance cost?
While some insurance companies increase their tariffs according to the age of the traveler. If you take a look at the best Schengen visa travel insurance providers, you will notice they offer very reasonable prices for those aged over 65. Find out more here.